I was so inspired Sunday night as I watched the Golden Globes. Like most fashion obsessed people, I love love love the red carpet. I’m always anxious to see what looks people come up with and most importantly, which ones actually work. Here’s my rundown of the best looks of the night. What do you think??
9. Amber Riley
8. Christina Aguilera
7. J. Lo
6. Vanessa Williams
5. Mila Kunis
4. Halle Berry
3. Angelina Jolie (with the perfect accessory….Brad Pitt)
2. Anne Hathaway
Drum roll please…..my absolute favorite of the night, the #1 stunna….Eva Longoria!! Black, clean lines, perfect fit, she was truly stunning…(I bet Tony was salivating)
What were your favorite looks of the night??
It snowed here in Atlanta so we’re all trapped inside afraid to travel on the icy roads. My friend and I were scouring the fashion mags looking for some pieces for her upcoming ski trip. She’s going for the “snow bunny” look…sexy but warm. Here are some of the pieces we picked out, maybe they’ll inspire you to tap into your inner bunny!
A pop of color and a bow add a girly feel while the quilted faux fur lined trapper is simply HAUTE!
Layering with sweaters while still showcasing a sexy silhouette
My friend doesn’t plan to ski much, instead she’ll be sitting by the fireplace sipping hot chocolate and being cute! These boots would guarantee that!
But if she has to be practical…these would do just fine
My friend and I agreed a fur lined puffer jacket would be best!
Accessories always pull an outfit together. Picking pieces that can shimmer against the sun and snow and less thank $20 each…tres chic!
As I was thinking about the new year and all the many things I plan to accomplish, I couldn’t possibly imagine not including some fashion friendly goals. I’ll share mine and maybe they’ll motivate you to take your fashion game to the next level:
1. I will include more pops of color into my wardrobe. A self proclaimed minimalist, my current wardrobe consists of black, beige, and navy blue = boring!!
2. I will treat my skin better and wear sunscreen everyday. I’ll be 29 next month, 30 is around the corner and I do not want to enter my 30s with crows feet or blotchy skin.
3. I will experiment with more accessories. Since blogging for pnkelephant, my accessories wardrobe has had a major upgrade. Affordable prices and new pieces added continuosly make for a happy girl!
4. I will ROCK my red/fuschia lipstick like nobody’s business! Yes, I have an obsession with red/fuschia lips, black mascara and black liquid liner. It’s my favorite look for any woman, but I hardly ever wear it myself. That’s all gonna change!
5. I will not wear something I don’t love. (see resolution #1) My minimalist days are over so I’ll stop resorting to the basics and buy pieces that truly reflect who I am.
I hope these resolutions encourage you to take your fashion game to another level! Pnkelephant has great affordable standout pieces that will allow you to instantly update your wardrobe without breaking the bank. (I know saving $$ is on your other resolutions list, wink*)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!